Rotating Clock Divider (RCD Kit)
Build your own Rotating Clock Divider, with the RCD kit.
The Do-it-yourself kit includes all the parts necessary to build a fully-featured RCD. This is a beginner-level kit, but you need some prior experience, and have basic hand tools (flush snips, needle-nose pliers, small screw driver).
- Divide-by-1 to Divide-by-64, on 8 output jacks
- CV Rotate jack to shift divide-by amount on each jack
- CV Reset jack to reset/re-sync all jacks
- Optional break-out panels to expand functionality (Auto-reset, selectable Divide-by range, Gate/Trigger, Up/Down-counting)
- Clock Input (5V to 15V clock, rising edge triggered), max 3kHz
- CV Rotate (0V to +5V input)
- CV Reset (5V to 15V trigger)
- Divided Clock Outputs (8 jacks):
- Selectable Gate/Trigger mode:
- Selectable Divide range up to Divide-by-64:
Two jumper pins on the back can be pre-set with jumpers plugs, or used with (forthcoming) breakout panel.
- Selectable Auto-reset:
Auto-reset will reset the divide counter every 16/24/32 clocks, which keeps the beats more "dance-able" even when using the "weird" clock divisions (3/5/6/7/9/10/11/etc..) Two jumper pins on the back can be pre-set with jumpers plugs, or used with (forthcoming) breakout panel.
The RCD is 4HP and 48mm (1.85")
- +12V rail: __mA
- +5V rail: not used
- -12V rail: not used
- Complete building instruction manual
- Kit Parts
- Part numbers (openoffice)
- User Manual Version 1.1 (updated 2012 April 24)
- RCD Breakout connection guide
- How to Update your own RCD by yourself: Download the hex file below. Then follow these instructions: Updating Firmware on AVR chips
- Version 1.1 (2012 April 24) for PCB 1.0.2, 1.0.3, and 1.0.4: hex file (adds Spread mode)
- Old Version 1.0.2 for PCB 1.0.1 and up: hex file
- Old Version 1.0.2 for PCB 1.0: hex file
- 4ms RCD github: Always the latest version, as well as other clocker verisons (Tracking Gate Sequencer, DinSync SCM, etc...): 4ms github
- If you don't want to buy the AVR ISP mkII and update your RCD yourself, you can purchase one from 4ms directly here