Record, play and loop stereo .wav files with an SD Card. Includes the same 2022 Sampler Pack from the Stereo Triggered Sampler.
Available early July 2023. Also available as a DIY Kit.
The Sampler plays stereo or mono .wav files from an SD Card with controls for Pitch (including a 1V/oct jack), Start Position, and Length.
A knob and CV jack selects the Sample to play, and the Start Position knob and CV jack control where in the sample playback will begin. The Length knob and CV jack determine how much of the sample is played back: from tiny grains, to percussive hits, to longer loops... or just the entire file.
Pressing Play or firing a trigger into the Play Trig jack will play the sample. Holding the Play button down for a second will toggle looping.
There's also a Reverse button and jack for backwards playback, and an End Out jack for synchronizing loops, or cascading sample playback with other events.
If a sample file contains cues (labels or markers), the Start Pos and Length knobs will snap to these cue points.
To record samples, hold Play and Reverse for two seconds. Press Play again or fire a trigger into the Play/Rec Trig jack to start and stop recording. Each recording will create a new stereo 48kHz 24bit .wav file in the current bank's folder. Recordings can be as long as your card has the capacity for: a 256GB card is 18 days of continuous recording (432.9 hours). Audio data is split into maximum 4GB wav files on the microSD card.
Samples are arranged into banks by placing .wav files into folders (each folder is a bank). A maximum of 10 samples can be loaded in a bank. There is a maximum of 60 banks (600 samples maximum total).
Sample files are limited to 4GB each, which is over 6 hours at 44k/16b/stereo.
- Hundreds of samples included on microSD card
- Extremely quiet, low noise and low jitter design
- Stereo or Mono output
- Play button/trigger jack: Tapping the button or receiving a trigger starts/re-starts the sample
- Sample CV/knob: select which sample within the channel's bank
- Pitch CV and Pitch knob: playback pitch (-10 to +4 octave range)
- Start Pos CV/knob: position in the sample to begin playback (loop start point)
- Length CV/knob: playback time (loop end point)
- Length knob at max: entire file is played
- Length knob 50%-99%: 200ms - 5s of the sample is played (beginning at the Start Position)
- Length knob <50%: Percussive decay envelope is applied to the playback (attack-only envelope if playing Reverse)
- Length <1%: Tiny grains are played (can be used to sweep through sample file data manually)
- Reverse button/jack: toggles forward/backwards
- Bank button: selects channel's bank
- Reverse+Start Pos button/knob combo allows for setting volume of playback
- Maximum file size for playback: 4GB per file (6.7 hours per file at 44.1kHz/16b/stereo)
- microSD Card is hot-swappable when Busy light is off: no power-down required to change cards.
- Samples that are pre-loaded into memory can continue playing while card is swapped.
Using a computer, the intuitive automatic bank loading features make dragging and dropping your entire sample library a snap. No files need to be renamed. Just create folders and put up to 10 samples in each. If you want a folder to be associated with a particular color of the Bank button, name the folder a color name (such as "Blue - Loops").
- Ships with a high-speed 16GB microSD card, loaded with hundreds of samples created for 4ms, from musicians such as Richard Devine, Wobbly, Moor Mother, Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe, Joseph Pailo, Russell E.L. Butler, Hugo Paris & Marc Kate, Paul Barker, Baseck, Animal Collective, Cristian Vogel, Jay E, Marcus Fischer, Chris Carter, Daedelus, Nero Bellum, Anna Sitko, Thomas Fang, Bogdan Raczynski, and more (Sample List)
- Intuitive bank/color organization system &em no need to rename your wav files
- Record new samples directly to a bank with the Record Input jacks...
- ... or drag your folders of sound files onto the microSD card, and each folder will become a bank.
- Folders starting with a color name will be loaded into that color bank
- Example "Blue - Frooty Loops" will load into the Blue bank
- Sub-folders are ignored, only folders in the root directory are scanned for wav files
- Works best with UHS Speed Class 3 cards with |3| symbol printed on the card
- Module Size:
- 16 HP Eurorack format module
- 10-pin Eurorack power header
- 1.1" (28mm) maximum depth with power cable
- Power consumption:
- +12V: 145mA
- -12V: 41mA
- +5V rail: not used
- Connect red stripe of power cable towards the bottom of the module, which is marked with a white stripe and the words -12V and POWER
- Audio Inputs:
- 20Hz to 10kHz (+/-0.1dB); -6dB rolloff @ 20kHz
- 21V peak-to-peak maximum before clipping
- Audio Outputs:
- 0Hz (DC) to 22kHz with maximum -1.8dB difference between file data and output
- +10.5V to -10.5V maximum output
- Trigger inputs:
- Latency: 0.7us typical
- 16GB micro SD card (class 10)
- SD adaptor
- 10-to-16 pin power cable
- M3 Knurlie screws